Director: Eric Patterson
This department is responsible for maintaining the water and sewage system as well as collection of tree limbs and bulk items. This department also maintains the cleanliness of the town.
Residential Garbage Collection
The Town of Tutwiler use Waste Pro to provide residential garbage collection service twice per week to dispose of household trash generated from your property to our citizens who live in single family homes, duplexes, and triplexes.
1st Collection (Waste Pro)
Tuesday and Friday
2nd Collection Day (Town of Tutwiler)
(Bulk Items and Bagged Leaves)
Tuesday and Thursday
(Garbage/recycling collection services start when you apply for water/sewer services. You can apply for these services at 201 Tallahatchie Street, Tutwiler MS 38963). You will receive a statement every month which will include fees for water, sewer and solid waste services. Solid waste services are $15.00 per month.)
- Residential collection is provided from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Tuesday and Friday.
- You must place your cans roadside before 7:00 am on your pickup day but no earlier than 6 pm the evening prior to your scheduled collection.
- Place your bulk trash pile roadside before 7:00 am on your pickup day, but no earlier than 24 hours prior to your scheduled collection. (Tuesday and Thursday)
What’s Not Allowed?
- Chemicals, paints, oils or other hazardous, toxic or flammable waste
- Construction debris (i.e. concrete, sand, brick, rock, carpet, wood etc…)
- Recyclable items
Tips and Guidelines
- Place your trash containers out the night before your scheduled pickup to avoid missing early morning collection
- Remember the waste collector has from 7 am to 9 pm to collect your trash
- Place all household garbage in bags and in trash containers before placing at the curbside to prevent litter
- Wash cans regularly wild a mild, phosphate-free soap and water to keep them clean and odor free. Never wash and soap down a storm drain.
- Must be placed in commercial plastic bags (Preferably compostable bags)
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Small limb piles accepted only
- Must be any longer than 4 feet
- Do not have to be tied up
- The piles no higher than 3 feet
- 4 inches in diameter
- Neatly stacked to the curbside
If your limbs are not in compliance, the waste collector will not pick up your debris.
Solid Waste Crew Fees:
- Home Owners and Contractor’s Responsibility
DO NOT PLACE ON CITY CURB
- Bath Tubs
- Demolition Debris
- Landscaping Debris
- Construction Debris
- Household Medical Waste
- Hired Contractor must use a legal landfill